Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Celebrating my 23rd Birthday in China!

I had the pleasure of celebrating my 23rd birthday in Kunming with some of my new friends. My roommate, Whitney was so sweet and had a balloon, flowers, birthday banner, presents and a birthday cake waiting for me when I woke up. I started my day by opening up the boxes my mom and sister sent, the ones I've been staring at waiting patiently to open until my actual birthday. My sister sent me some great presents, I call it the practical box (oatmeal, tampons, and make-up, thanks sis!). My mom sent me the box I call the impractical, but fun box, she entitled it "Birthday Party in a Box". She mailed all the way to China, balloons, streamers, noisemakers, candles, matches, a birthday banner, chocolate, and a birthday teddy bear, so my friends and I could have a real American birthday, which we certainly did later that night.
I chose my favorite restaurant, a Japanese place, to eat dinner, then we came back to our apartment to eat cake and open presents. I was so surprised that my new friends had all gotten me something, so thoughtful! We made sure to fully utilize the party in a box, noisemakers and all.
Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes, I had a fabulous birthday and wouldn't wish it any other way.
A pleasant surprise when I woke up

Look Mom, we are using everything you sent in the "Party in a Box"

Enjoying being sung Happy Birthday to, it took us so long to blow out these trick candles, it certainly was a group effort.

The birthday teddy bear my mom sent me. She made it at Build-a-Bear, hugged and kissed it and sent it all the way to China. We named him Xiong Mai for Beautiful Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment